Monday, December 8, 2014

Welcome to California


On Thursday, Aunt Leigh and I got on a plane and flew out to California to stay with my mom.
By the time we got there it was dark outside and we were exhausted.



The next day we went out to Laguna Beach and walked around for a while.  We found a charming little public park tucked away between some buildings with a view of the ocean and this poem at the end of the path.




On one side of the path there were these interesting, antique looking brass chairs complete with a small table and brass books.


After leaving the park we wandered down the beach for a while, it was a little grey out that day but it was still incredibly lovely.



A ways down the beach we came across some tide pools that were fascinating to look at.


There were some very friendly naturalists there to help people learn about the tiny ecosystems they are looking at. 


It was amazing to see all of the tiny living creatures in their colorful habitats, when you looked closely you could see all kinds of organisms moving about.


This fish is called a sculpin, it is one of the many small things living in the tide pools.


While I was wandering around taking in everything I looked up and saw this girl looking out across the ocean, she looked so pretty I had to take a picture.



I'm having a terrific time in California so far (Who could complain, it's 70 degrees in December!) and I can't wait to share more of my pictures with you.

1 comment: