Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Happenings of a Warm October Monday


This past Monday I had just gotten home from my two week vacation in Topsail with my best friend and her family.  I was happy to be home and it was nice to see all of the fall colors.



I recently bought a new camera, it's an Olympus PEN E-P1.  I'm really happy with it so far, I like the vintage style and it takes amazing pictures.



I thought I looked kind of nice that day so I decided to take some self-portraits and try out some of the filters on my new camera.



The two filters I tried in these are Grainy Film (the black and white) and Pin Hole.


This one doesn't have a filter but look how cool the camera is!


Later that evening Carol had Isabel and I come over to take some pictures of one of her tea tours for her self-run company, Steeple House Teas.




Isabel and I had a lot of fun and we took quite a few nice pictures.  If you'd like to see more from that particular shoot we should have a post about it soon here: http://twogirlswithacamera.blogspot.com/




I was wearing monster socks that my mom bought me a while back and I like them a lot so of course I had to take a picture.



One perk of taking pictures for a tea tour, is that you get to drink tea when you're done!


It was a lovely day and I was so glad to have the opportunity to do a shoot for a friend.


To wind down at the end of the day I watched a movie called Submarine while going through the pictures I took.  I guess you could say it was an off beat coming of age film that was set in Wales. I would give it a 6.5/10  I liked parts of it a lot, the scenery was beautiful and the soundtrack was great but some of the scenes were very bizarre. 

Anyway, thats how I spent my Monday.  Hopefully I will have a post about my vacation on Topsail island for you soon!  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment