Thursday, August 21, 2014

Metalwork Class


Recently my Aunt Leigh and I went to a metalworking class and got to make a bracelet and earrings.  It was pretty fun and we got some interesting jewelry out of it. 


Throughout the class we learned things such as how to use rivets, eyelets, metal stamps, and how to work-harden copper.


There were quite a few steps involved in the process and just about as many tools to use!


The building the class was held in was really neat as well.  It was an old screw factory that has been converted into artist shops and businesses offices. 


Here are a couple shots of my finished pieces:




I think I like the way they turned out, I can't wait to wear them.  I had a good time hanging out with my aunt (as usual) and I felt like I learned a few things.  If nothing else I got two pretty cool pieces of jewelry out of it!
(thank you Aunt Leigh for taking the pictures of me working :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the jewelry and the post! Very clever hanging the earrings from a leaf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I thought the leaf would look cool with the tree pattern.

      Delete
  2. Nice job! I love hanging out with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hanging out with you too! Come over soon! :)

      Delete