Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Ann Arbor: Round 2


On our second day of the craft fair there was still tons to explore. The first thing we saw that caught my eye was this alley that was completely covered in graffiti.



It was really fascinating to look at all of the different quotes and drawings that people have put up over the years.


My Aunt Leigh and I both added our own small quotes to the walls, it was fun to contribute to the chaos.


It was interesting to see the unkempt street art on the sides of the buildings and then go back to the main road where everything looked orderly and structured.


There were quite a few street performers as we walked around.  We saw some that were there the day before and we ran into some new ones that we hadn't seen yet.  My favorite was the two photos above.  This random couple on the street started dancing to the guys singing and I just thought that was so spontaneous and fun to see.  They were actually really good dancers!  I wondered if they took classes together or something.



After we were done at the fair we stopped in at Zimmerman's, the best bread bakery in Ann Arbor, and got some great sour dough bread as well as a few pretzel rolls.



It was a fantastic weekend and I'm so glad I got to spend time with some of the awesome women in my family. Not to mention seeing all of the art was fun and I really enjoyed walking around Ann Arbor.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your photography just keeps getting better and better! The composition on the first one is outstanding. I love the one of the bread and the one of the gymnasts especially. Well done with the story-telling, too. You are crazy talented, girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It always means so much to me to hear your thoughts. I'm glad you liked the story-telling I am never sure if it will come across right and this time my mom wasn't home to help me edit it! Yikes. I'm so glad you like my blog. Love you more! :)

      Delete